Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wait, is Lil Wayne emo?

I do love the dude, but I think I am offended by this.

But maybe I'm just offended by the way Wayne sings "faaaannnnnccy underweaaaar". Hey, at least he didn't say panties. Worst word ever.

+++ What about all the newspaper clippings magically floating in space around Lil Wayne's head while he's rapping? This is the bizarre pastiche that defines my attraction to Lil Wayne's artistic persona.

I think Lil Wayne's appeal has something to do with the fact that he's basically yr best friend's weird little brother. Like, he runs through the house in a cape and underwear and yr friend is all embarrassed and like, "Wayne, why you gotta be like that?" and he's all "LIIIIIIIIIIKE WHAAAAATTTTTTTT?" fully going mental, still running through the house. What I'm trying to say is that Lil Wayne is an enfant terrible.


I know I should be offended by most things he does, but I think my love for him comes from a place that actually wants to be him. I just want to get to know the real Wayne. I want to spend some time in his messy mind. He is so unapologetic about who he is and what he does and that is incredibly appealing. He's all "I feel like dying" and drinking Purple Drank all the time, like "WHAT OF IT? Mind yr own fucking business." He's telling us that it's ok for us to be freaks with ourselves, because HE'S LIVING IT. I am kind of scared that he will die soon, but on the flip, he could possibly live forever like Keith Richards. Maybe sizzurp is actually fortifying Wayne and preserving all his vital organs like Tutankhamun.

Has anyone ever thought Lil Wayne resembles ET?



I think Lil Wayne is the living legacy to the Castle Of Crazy that ODB built for us. I recently read ODB's biography and it was all at once shocking, funny and sad. It's just those "mad artist" personalities that I gravitate towards...



WU TANG IS FOR THE CHILDREN!

No comments:

Post a Comment